Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Andy speaks!

Ok, excuse me for a moment while I go a little weak at the knees.

Andy Hertzfeld has been interviewed by James Turner over at O'Reilly. The Mac at 25 discusses some interesting stuff about the Mac. Since Andy doesn't speak too often I'm going to have to read every word three times. It's a great interview. Andy Hertzfeld is up there with Brian Kernighan, Dennis Ritchie and Bill Atkinson in my pantheon. (Yes, I know - Larry Tesler, Bruce Horn, Bill Joy, Aho and others were major influences on my favourite OSes but those four are the rock stars.)

I'd forgotten he was now working a Google. I knew there was a reason I liked Google . Go and read the interview immediately and then buy Andy's book "Revolution in the Valley".

Disclaimer: O'Reilly like me almost as much as I like them.

No comments: